Monday, December 20, 2010

Ooooo I could spit nails. Also...ow.

Woke up this morning incredibly bloated. I looked like I was pregnant. And trust me, that's not a look I want to see ever again.
I also woke up with a terrible pain in my left side. It feels like a sore muscle in combination with someone stabbing me. I was feeling nausea too. I called the doctor and they said to come in. So I did.
The doctor said "Hmmm. I don't know what this is. Could be gas? It isn't consistant with a side effect or complication from the surgery. See if it gets better and call us in a couple days."
I was not really ok with this answer...but he's the doctor right? You know how you feel? Like, he's the one that went to medical school...who am I to tell him that it IS something?

So I left and came home. About 10 min into getting home, I called Nils and said come get me, we have to go to the ER. The pain was UNreal...I mean, it was second only to when I dislocated my shoulder...and I'm telling you that was painful...to the extent I can't even describe.

So after I called Nils I called the doctor back and told him the pain had gotten worse. I was crying. He said (and I quote) "Well, you weren't in this much pain when you were in the office...if you are crying and in that much pain, then just go to the ER." That may not sound like much to you...but his tone and the way he said it  made me feel like an ass.

I curled up in a ball and laid on the bed until Nils got home and ate GasX like there was no tomorrow.  (Prepare for TMI next) I started passing gas like there was no tomorrow and there was some relief. By the time Nils got home I started questioning whether or not to go to the ER again.
It seemed to get better so I assume it's gas...
I'm still in a lot of pain. It's not as excrutiating (sp) as it was earlier, but it's still there. When I breathe in, it's painful.

I know it's silly, but I hate to go to the ER, spend 6 hours there and have them tell me it's gas....

No comments:

Post a Comment