Thursday, January 20, 2011

All you have to do is do it.

So since my surgery, I haven't yet hit the gym. I know I have to...but if you know me, you know that I would rather walk over hot coals barefoot, while sticking a fork in my eye, while letting a clown rip my fingernails out than go to the gym.
Literally. (Do you see this face? Would I kid about clowns? I think not.)

I asked for super fancy Reebok balance ball shoes for Christmas to give me a little motivation. And again today, I said to myself, "Ok kid. Monday is it. YOU, my friend, are hitting the gym Monday after work, end of story."
I mean really, is walking for 30 min on a treadmill going to kill me? Probably. And when the paramedics come to take my lifeless body off the treadmill, at least I'll be covered in sweat when they do it. So there's that glamour vision as well.

Then, my BFF Sue (I was hesitant to watch because I assumed it was something completely inappropriate like clowns, talking lobster babies or something worse), sent me THIS LINK .
WATCH IT. I'M SERIOUS. DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE.

I'm pretty sure I will go to the gym Monday, and if I try to talk myself out of it, I'm going to watch this video over and over and over.

5 comments:

  1. Geez you ruined my makeup Im all leaking from my eyes Jerk.

    Thanks for the inspiration. I needed it today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ever watch youtube videos, but this was a good one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this post was so funny :P I'm like you - I really was not into going to the gym and it took a lot of motivation for me to do it. But once I started, I got into a routine it was WAY easier. Not gonna lie, there are days I don't want to work out. But for the most part, at this point, I look forward to the challenge. One thing that has helped me is doing a few different things. I do cardio on the arc trainer and elliptical a few days a week. I do a crosstraining class a few days a week. And every now and again I do a spinning class. And when its warmer outside, I walk a few miles everyday. It just keeps it interesting. Anyways, good luck and once you get to the gym, it won't be as bad :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are right...people have told me that I should find something I love and then it won't be exercise. The problem with that is exercise is exercise. Period. If I'm sweating I want to punch someone. I will need the luck!

    ReplyDelete